[OPLINLIST] Keep your circulating collection looking great with OhioNET's Basic Book Repair workshop

Heidi Beke-Harrigan heidib at ohionet.org
Wed Mar 14 09:09:45 EDT 2018

We're resending yesterday's message to clarify that workshops take place at OhioNET and are not recorded. Our webinars are recorded.

OhioNET's popular and practical workshop, Basic Book Repair, returns with a SPRING presentation.  Lead by Dr. Miriam Kahn, this day-long, hands-on session at OhioNET will teach high quality, less damaging repair techniques to keep your circulating collection looking healthy. Attendees will learn how to repair torn pages, tip-in loose pages, tighten hinges, reattach broken hinges, and repair spines simply and easily.  With plenty of time to practice and a set of supplies and tools to take home, you can confidently start completing long-overdue repairs.

Save money and extend the life of your general collection-click the link below today!  Registration for this event closes Apr 19th and space is limited.
Basic Book Repair Workshop<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=431&reset=1>
Thursday, May 3rd from 9:30 AM-3:30 PM
Presenter: Dr. Miriam Kahn
There is an additional $60 per person kit fee
This workshop is a great stepping stone to our Advanced Book Repair and Structure<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=432&reset=1> workshop on August 14th, 2018, which covers preservation strategies and options for local and unique items.
Other Upcoming Events in the Preservation and Access Series Include:

  *   Copyright in Action: Understanding Fair Use<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=440&reset=1>
April 11th, 2018 - 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
  *   Copyright in Action: Understanding Section 108<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=441&reset=1>
June 13th, 2018 - 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
  *   Copyright in Action: Considerations for Instruction<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=442&reset=1>
August 16th, 2018 - 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm

Can't make it in real time?  Sign up and be sure to get a link to view the recording of the copyright sessions at your convenience. Looking for more?  Check out these upcoming webinars or head to the OhioNET Training Calendar<http://www.ohionet.org/training-calendar> for a full listing of all our upcoming learning opportunities.

If you find yourself with questions about this, or any of our other CE offerings, please don't hesitate to contact us (ohionet at ohionet.org<mailto:ohionet at ohionet.org>).  We're always happy to help!

"See" you soon,

Heidi

Heidi Beke-Harrigan, MLS, CPL
Member Services Coordinator
OhioNET | 1500 West Lane Ave | Columbus, OH 43221
614-484-1068 | 800-686-8975, ext. 28
heidib at ohionet.org<mailto:heidib at ohionet.org> | www.ohionet.org
Connecting Libraries for Stronger Communities