[OPLINLIST] Required OPLIN E-rate forms from ALL libraries

Don Yarman don at oplin.ohio.gov
Thu Nov 8 08:23:37 EST 2018

Once again, it is time for every Ohio public library system to complete
E-rate forms for OPLIN, specifically a Letter of Agency (LOA) and a Form
479. In some cases, we may also need a form reporting off-premises use of
your OPLIN connection.

All libraries are required to submit these forms to OPLIN annually,
regardless of whether or not the library itself participates in the E-rate
program.

As before, we have made the process of submitting these forms as simple as
we can. From any library computer, go to https://oplin.org/erate and follow
the instructions there. (You must be in the library to access this site.)

When you connect, the site will ask you for contact information and whether
or not the library complies with the Children's Internet Protection Act
(CIPA). If you are using some of your OPLIN connection to provide
telecommunication services that originate off library property, we will
also ask how much bandwidth comes from off-premises locations; just leave
the amount as "0" if you don't use your OPLIN connection for off-premises
bandwidth.

Sign the screen with a mouse, or your finger on a touch screen (definitely
easier). In fact, we recommend using a tablet or a phone connected to the
library network for this entire process. Click "Generate Paperwork" and
you're done. You will be able to download a copy of the paperwork for your
records. OPLIN will have your paperwork on file automatically, so you don't
need to send us anything.

We urge all libraries to complete these forms ASAP, but no later than
December 31, 2018, so OPLIN can begin work on our E-rate applications.

                    Don Yarman
                    Director, Ohio Public Library Information Network
                    2323 W Fifth Ave Suite 130, Columbus OH 43204
                    don at oplin.ohio.gov | 614.728.5252