[OPLINLIST] Don’t miss our next Copyright in Action webinar on 8/14

Shelly Miller shellym at ohionet.org
Mon Aug 5 14:09:07 EDT 2019

[cid:image003.jpg at 01D54B97.577B4920]
We’re all feeling pressure to do more with fewer resources and OERs (Open Educational Resources) have become an attractive option. As more folks explore how to select (or create their own) OERs, we need to better understand the copyright implications for these complex intellectual products.  Learn more about what you should (and shouldn’t) be paying for and about options for openly licensed materials.

Copyright in Action: Considerations for Open Educational Resources<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=508&reset=1>
Wednesday, August 14 from 2:30 PM to 4:00 PM
Presenter: Carla Myers (Miami University Libraries)
CEUs: 1.5

Can't make it in real-time?  Sign up and automatically to get the link to review the recording of any online session at your convenience.  Looking for more events in the Preservation & Access training track?  Here are a few upcoming options or you can head to the Training Calendar<http://www.ohionet.org/training-calendar> for a full listing.

Digitization-in-a-Day: The Basics*<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=527&reset=1>
Thursday, October 10, 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM
*In-person only—no recording will be available.
Presenters: Jenni Salamon and Lily Birkhimer (Ohio History Connection)
CEUs: 3

Copyright in Action: Getting Permissions<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=528&reset=1>
Tuesday, October 29 from 2:30 PM to 4:00 PM
Presenter: Carla Myers (Miami University Libraries)
CEUs: 1.5

Copyright in Action: Determining Copyright Status Step-by-Step<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=529&reset=1>
Thursday, December 12 from 2:30 PM to 4:00 PM
Presenter: Carla Myers (Miami University Libraries)
CEUs: 1.5

If you have questions about these events or any of our training opportunities, don’t hesitate to contact us<mailto:ohionet at ohionet.org>.  We’re always happy to help.

Cheers,

Shelly

Shelly S. Miller, MLIS
Community and Training Manager
OhioNET  |  1500 W. Lane Ave.  |  Columbus, OH 43221
shellym at ohionet.org<mailto:shellym at ohionet.org>  |  800-686-8975 ext. 37
www.ohionet.org

Connecting Libraries for Stronger Communities