[OPLINLIST] Seeking suggestions from the collective brain

Janelle Thomas jthomas at norweld.org
Wed Aug 7 14:14:39 EDT 2019

Seeking suggestions from the collective brain –

We have received the following inquiries from our membership regarding
construction projects, healthcare insurance, and state sales tax. As such,
any advice on the following would be greatly appreciated from those who
have traversed these waters before:

*Construction Projects:*

·         When seeking bids for construction projects, is there a formula
for creating a Request For Proposal (RFP) to ensure bidder estimates are
true apples to apples comparisons?

·         How do other libraries handle the ORC requirement of a Prevailing
Wage Coordinator for applicable contracts?

·         Is it necessary – or recommended – library practice to hire
consultants on capital expenditure projects that meet or exceed the
mandated bidding requirements?

*Health Insurance:*

·         Any suggestions on providers that do *not* require entities offer
“cafeteria plans” in order to move to a high-deductible health insurance
plan with a health savings account? Is this necessary? Good practice?

*State Sales Tax:*

·         Why is it public libraries do not charge sales tax on services
such as copies but they do tax items such as earbuds?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!!

--

Janelle Thomas

Executive Director