[OPLINLIST] Ask your copyright questions, tune in for the answers next Wednesday!

Shelly Miller shellym at ohionet.org
Fri Jun 7 08:36:17 EDT 2019

[cid:image003.jpg at 01D51D0C.113AFFF0]
As information professionals, we are on the front lines of answering questions and providing services that have copyright implications.  Most of us have probably heard someone say, "it's only one chapter/part of a song/movie clip," right? Further our discussion of copyright by sharing your stories and questions about fair use and reuse of works. Attendees will have the opportunity to review the four factors of fair use, discuss ways they can (and can't) be applied, and learn about best practices when serving patrons.
Click on the title link below for more information and to register.

Copyright in Action: Fact or Fiction?-Myths about Copyright and Fair Use<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=487&reset=1>
Wednesday, June 12, 2:30 PM to 4:00 PM
Presenter: Carla Myers (Miami University Libraries)
Tell us about your real-life copyright and fair use questions or conundrums.  Use our Copyright Q&A form<https://www.ohionet.org/your-copyright-questionsanswered>.  Submissions can be made anonymously.

Can't make it in real-time?  Register to automatically receive the follow-up information, including a link to view the recording of the webinar. Looking for more content in our Preservation & Access track? Check out these upcoming sessions or head to the Training Calendar<http://www.ohionet.org/training-calednar> for a full listing of all our upcoming events.

Digitization Basics 3: Providing Access and Measuring Success<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=507&reset=1>
Thursday, July 11, 2:30 PM to 4:00 PM
Presenters: Jenni Salamon & Lily Birkhimer (Ohio History Connection)

Exploring Your CopyRIGHTS in K-12 Environments-a Hands-on Workshop*
<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=511&reset=1>Thursday, August 8, 9:30 AM to 3:30 PM (Registration closes July 31.)
*In-person only-no recording will be available.
Presenter: Carla Myers (Miami University Libraries)

Copyright in Action: Considerations for Open Educational Resources<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=508&reset=1>
Wednesday, August 14, 2:30 PM to 4:00 PM
Presenter: Carla Myers (Miami University Libraries)

If you have questions about these or any of our continuing education options, don't hesitate to contact us<mailto:ohionet at ohionet.org>. We're always happy to help.

Cheers,

Shelly

Shelly S. Miller, MLIS
Community and Training Manager
OhioNET  |  1500 W. Lane Ave.  |  Columbus, OH 43221
shellym at ohionet.org<mailto:shellym at ohionet.org>  |  800-686-8975 ext. 37
www.ohionet.org

Connecting Libraries for Stronger Communities