[OPLINLIST] Don’t miss your chance for face-to-face cataloging training this summer

Shelly Miller shellym at ohionet.org
Tue Jun 11 08:12:18 EDT 2019

[cid:image002.jpg at 01D5202D.61B5CFE0]
Only a few days are left to register for this face-to-face session that will focus on the skills and knowledge you need to get started with copy cataloging our most common resource—books!  If you’re new to cataloging or in need of a refresher, this is the best place to start.  Get one-on-one attention from our workshop leader, Misty Alvaro, and plenty of hands-on practice time. Space is limited.  Click the title link below for more information and to register.
Fundamentals of Cataloging: Introduction and Basic Description Workshop<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=505&reset=1>
Tuesday, June 18, 9:30 AM to 3:30 PM (with an hour-long break for lunch on your own)

Already an experienced copy cataloger?  Consider joining us for our newest Fundamentals of Cataloging workshop – Introduction to Original Cataloging—to learn how to create MARC records for local or unique items you can’t find in WorldCat. Click the title link below for more information and to register.
Fundamentals of Cataloging: Introduction to Original Cataloging Workshop<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=506&reset=1>
Presenter: Misty Alvaro, Upper Arlington Public Library
Tuesday, August 20, 9:30 AM to 3:30 PM (with an hour-long break for lunch on your own)

Looking for online options in our Fundamentals of Cataloging training track?  We’ve just added these webinars to our Training Calendar<http://www.ohionet.org/training-calednar> for the fall. Can’t attend an online session in real time?  Register anyway to automatically receive the follow-up materials, including a link to view the webinar recording. Click the title links for more information and to register.

Fundamentals of Cataloging: Common AV Formats webinar series
Session 1 – Overview of Common AV Formats<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=517&reset=1>
Tuesday, September 24 from 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM
Session 2 – MARC for Common AV Formats<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=518&reset=1>
Tuesday, October 1 from 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM
Session 3 – RDA vs. AACR2 for DVDs<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=519&reset=1>
Tuesday, October 8 from 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM
Session 4 – RDA vs. AACR2 for CDs<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=520&reset=1>
Tuesday, October 15 from 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM

Fundamentals of Cataloging: Subject Analysis for Copy Catalogers webinar series
Session 1 – Overview of Subject Analysis for Copy Catalogers<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=522&reset=1>
Tuesday, November 19 from 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM
Session 2 – Subject Analysis Tools for Copy Catalogers<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=524&reset=1>
Tuesday, December 3 from 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM
Session 3 – Subject Analysis Suggested Workflows<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=523&reset=1>
Tuesday, December 10 from 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM

As always, if you have questions about these or any of our continuing education offerings, don’t hesitate to contact us<mailto:ohionet at ohionet.org>. We’re happy to help.

Cheers,

Shelly

Shelly S. Miller, MLIS
Community and Training Manager
OhioNET  |  1500 W. Lane Ave.  |  Columbus, OH 43221
shellym at ohionet.org<mailto:shellym at ohionet.org>  |  800-686-8975 ext. 37
www.ohionet.org

Connecting Libraries for Stronger Communities