[OPLINLIST] Don't miss your chance to build a solid cataloging foundation

Shelly Miller shellym at ohionet.org
Thu May 30 10:53:45 EDT 2019

[cid:image002.jpg at 01D516D5.F1DCC440]
Our longest-running training track, Fundamentals of Cataloging, will feature two in-person workshops this summer.  We're happy to host you in one of our recently re-designed meeting spaces, featuring easily moveable furniture for group work and with plenty of room and equipment to support laptops, tablets and more. If you think you'd benefit from hands-on, face-to-face time with our workshop leader for these events, Misty Alvaro from Upper Arlington Public Library, plan to sign-up for these in-person, day-long workshops. Click the title links for more information and to register.  These sessions are both in-person only-no recording will be available.

Fundamentals of Cataloging: Introduction and Basic Description Workshop<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=505&reset=1>
New to cataloging? Jump in and make yourself comfortable with common copy cataloging tasks, learn about basic cataloging concepts, and walk through the process of describing our most numerous resource-books.
Tuesday, June 18, 9:30 AM to 3:30 PM (with an hour-long break for lunch on your own)

Fundamentals of Cataloging: Introduction to Original Cataloging Workshop<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=506&reset=1>
Got local or unique items in need of catalog records? Join us to learn the skills needed to create MARC records from scratch. Attendees to this workshop MUST have copy-cataloging experience or have taken the Introduction and Basic Description workshop or webinars.
Tuesday, August 20, 9:30 AM to 3:30 PM (with an hour-long break for lunch on your own)

Looking for more?  Head over to our Training Calendar<http://www.ohionet.org/training-calednar> for a full listing of all our upcoming training events.  If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us<mailto:ohionet at ohionet.org>. We're always happy to help.

Cheers,

Shelly

Shelly S. Miller, MLIS
Community and Training Manager
OhioNET  |  1500 W. Lane Ave.  |  Columbus, OH 43221
shellym at ohionet.org<mailto:shellym at ohionet.org>  |  800-686-8975 ext. 37
www.ohionet.org

Connecting Libraries for Stronger Communities