[OPLINLIST] Last chance to explore PLA’s Project Outcome with this FREE webinar (11/14)

Shelly Miller shellym at ohionet.org
Thu Nov 7 10:02:36 EST 2019

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D59552.7A134DC0]

This session is freely available and open to all library staff working in Ohio!

Gathering data to help make better-informed decisions about how to manage services and resources is something we do all the time.  From circulation check-ins to reference desk hash-marks to event head-counts, library staff members have always been good at tracking numbers. But does any of that information help us answer the question, “what good did we do?” Understanding the impact of the services and resources we provide to the diverse communities we serve is a critical step toward the answer. Collecting this kind of data doesn’t have to be difficult.  In this free webinar, attendees will hear about how one library—Lorain Public Library—got started using a freely available online tool developed by PLA—Project Outcome<http://www.ala.org/pla/initiatives/performancemeasurement>.    This online portal uses simple tools and standardized surveys to allow users to collect and compare both quantitative and qualitative data across programs, services, branches, and systems. Attendees will get an overview of this portal, as well as suggestions for creating buy-in from staff and lessons learned throughout their implementation. Click the title link below for more information and to register.

Measure Your Impact—an Introduction to PLA’s Project Outcome<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=532&reset=1>
Thursday, November 14 from 1:00 PM to 2:30 PM
Presenters: Cheryl Grizzell and Anastasia Diamond-Ortiz (Lorain Public Library System)

Can't make it in real-time?  Sign up and be sure to get the link to review the recording of our online sessions at your convenience.  Looking for more?  Head to the Training Calendar<http://www.ohionet.org/training-calendar> for a full listing of all our upcoming events.  If you find yourself with questions about any of our continuing education opportunities, don’t hesitate to contact us<mailto:ohionet at ohionet.org>. We’re always happy to help.

Cheers,

Shelly

Shelly S. Miller, MLIS
Community and Training Manager
OhioNET  |  1500 W. Lane Ave.  |  Columbus, OH 43221
shellym at ohionet.org<mailto:shellym at ohionet.org>  |  800-686-8975 ext. 37
www.ohionet.org

Connecting Libraries for Stronger Communities