[OPLINLIST] Don’t miss our next Cultivating Connections webinar—Words Matter: Addiction and Recovery Resources for Your Library

Shelly Miller shellym at ohionet.org
Mon Oct 28 10:05:22 EDT 2019

[cid:image003.jpg at 01D58D77.3579FF70]

Carefully chosen words can convey kindness, support, and hope. Because traumatic situations, like addiction, can have wide-ranging effects that may not be easy to see, we don’t always know who may or may not be struggling. Learn about the impact of language and about small changes you can to provide trauma-informed service to those who might need it. This webinar will review the benefits of providing trauma-informed service, discuss the power of word choices, and explore the resources compiled by Dr. Harper to support recovery and healing.

Words Matter: Addiction and Recovery Resources for Your Library<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=513&reset=1>
Thursday, October 31 from 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM
Presenter: Dr. Meghan Harper (Kent State University – iSchool)
CEUS: 1

Can't make it in real-time?  Sign up and be sure to get the link to review the recording of our online sessions at your convenience. Looking for more options in our Cultivating Connections training track?  Check out this upcoming webinar or head to the Training Calendar<http://www.ohionet.org/training-calendar> for a full listing of all our currently scheduled events.

Planning for Trauma-Informed Service: a Checklist of Considerations<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=515&reset=1>
Wednesday, December 4 from 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM
Presenter: Dr. Meghan Harper (Kent State University – iSchool)
CEUs: 1

If you find yourself with questions about these or any of our continuing education options, don’t hesitate to contact us<mailto:ohionet at ohionet.org>. We’re always happy to help.

Cheers,

Shelly

Shelly S. Miller, MLIS
Community and Training Manager
OhioNET  |  1500 W. Lane Ave.  |  Columbus, OH 43221
shellym at ohionet.org<mailto:shellym at ohionet.org>  |  800-686-8975 ext. 37
www.ohionet.org

Connecting Libraries for Stronger Communities