[OPLINLIST] NASA@ My Library Kits and more

marshams at library.ohio.gov marshams at library.ohio.gov
Tue Sep 10 12:51:53 EDT 2019

Please excuse multiple postings...

Are you looking for resources to increase and enhance STEM learning opportunities at your library? There is always something exciting happening at NASA and in the sky. *NASA@ My Library is a STEM education initiative created to increase and enhance STEM learning opportunities for library patrons throughout the nation, including geographic areas and populations currently underserved in STEM education.
[cid:image004.jpg at 01D567D6.83FCE930]
NASA@ My Library STEM programming kits have been a big hit this summer and are still available to circulate to public libraries in Ohio. The kits are available on a first-come, first-serve basis, with priority given to libraries that serve underserved and underrepresented STEM communities.

Kit One: The Sun-Earth-Moon Connections Kit focuses on activities and experiences that better help patrons understand their place in space, and how the Sun and Moon impact our planet. Major content areas in this kit include: modeling both lunar and solar eclipses with easy to use tools, detecting ultraviolet light in a creative way, using sorting cards to explore concepts relating to size, distance, and temperature, and an experiential activity that allows for a greater understanding of the vast scale of our Solar System.

Kit Two: The Be a NASA Detective: Expanding Your Senses kit focuses on activities and experiences that help patrons be more comfortable using tools of science and making predictions based on their observations. This kit focuses on things we cannot see with our normal vision or sense with our normal senses.