[OPLINLIST] Need advice on cataloging AV materials? Check out OhioNET’s upcoming training series

Shelly Miller shellym at ohionet.org
Thu Sep 19 09:58:04 EDT 2019

[cid:image002.jpg at 01D56ED0.BA4C6780]
Our Fundamentals of Cataloging webinars resume this month with our series on Common AV Formats, which covers the issues, fields and elements you need to consider when copy cataloging CDs, DVDs, and streaming audio and video files.  Attendees are strongly encouraged to have taken our Introduction and Basic Description courses or have a working knowledge of general cataloging concepts and workflows.  All sessions in this series will be led by Tim Keller (Oberlin College). Click the links below for more information and to register.

Overview of Common AV Formats<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=517&reset=1>
Tuesday, September 24, 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM
CEUs: 2

MARC for Common AV Formats<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=518&reset=1>
Tuesday, October 1, 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM
CEUs: 2

RDA vs AACR2 for DVDs<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=519&reset=1>
Tuesday, October 8, 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM
CEUs: 2

RDA vs AACR2 for CDs <https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=520&reset=1>
Tuesday, October 15, 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM
CEUs: 2

Can't make it in real-time?  Sign up and be sure to get the link to review the recording of our online sessions at your convenience.  Looking for more content in our Fundamentals of Cataloging training track?  Check out our upcoming in-person and online sessions below or head to the Training Calendar<http://www.ohionet.org/training-calendar> for a full list of all our currently scheduled events.

Subject analysis—or determining the about-ness of an item—is a critical area for library staff members to understand. Subject analysis allows us to collocate related items and helps us foster serendipitous discoveries for our community members. If you work with managing cataloging records, choose either the in-person workshop or the online webinars to get an overview of how subject headings (and other controlled vocabularies) are created and what changes you can make to your own catalog records.  All our subject analysis events will be led by Misty Alvaro (Upper Arlington Public Library). Click the title links for more information and to register.

Fundamentals of Cataloging: Subject Analysis for Copy Catalogers<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=521&reset=1> Workshop*
Tuesday, November 12, 9:30 AM to 3:30 PM (with an hour-long break for lunch on your own)
*In-person attendees only, no recording will be available.
CEUs: 5

Fundamentals of Cataloging: Subject Analysis for Copy Catalogers Webinar Series
Overview of Subject Analysis for Copy Catalogers<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=522&reset=1>
Tuesday, November 19, 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM
CEUs: 2

Subject Analysis Tools for Copy Catalogers<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=524&reset=1>
Tuesday, December 3, 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM
CEUs: 2

Subject Analysis Suggested Workflows<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=523&reset=1>
Tuesday, December 10, 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM
CEUs: 2

As always, if you find yourself with questions about these or any of our continuing education options, don’t hesitate to contact us<mailto:ohionet at ohionet.org>. We’re always happy to help.

Cheers,

Shelly

Shelly S. Miller, MLIS
Community and Training Manager
OhioNET  |  1500 W. Lane Ave.  |  Columbus, OH 43221
shellym at ohionet.org<mailto:shellym at ohionet.org>  |  800-686-8975 ext. 37
www.ohionet.org

Connecting Libraries for Stronger Communities