[OPLINLIST] NEO-RLS News: Managing Change & Worry, Returning to the Library, Summer Reading, & We Need You

Melissa Lattanzi lattanzm at neo-rls.org
Mon Apr 13 15:10:21 EDT 2020

Difficulty viewing this email? Click here...<http://neo-rls.org/v_newsletters/newsletter_7237585.htm>

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D611A5.A5F4D3D0]
NEO-RLS News-April 13, 2020
A Note from the Executive Director, Betsy Lantz
[https://neo-rls.org/photos/59194_02102020090245.jpg]I wanted to start my Note today with a shout out to my amazing colleagues at NEO-RLS - Melissa Lattanzi, Holly Klingler and Debbie Blair.  Together we have pivoted, pivoted again and then pivoted yet again to provide you with the information, networking and learning opportunities that you have requested during the COVID-19 crisis.  I would also like to give a shout out to our colleagues at SWON, NORWELD and SERLS, all of whom have been doing the same for their members in their regions.  Between us, the four regionals have a total of 14 staff (some of which are only part-time) working hard to serve all of the libraries in the 88 counties of Ohio. And, that is my attempt at the perfect segue into asking you for help! We are looking for members who might be interested in doing a micro learning video for us on a topic of their choice.  It can be short - one to two minutes, longer as in 5 minutes or even longer if you would like.  Do you have a topic that you have been thinking about lately and would like to discuss?  A presentation that has been cancelled due to circumstances but is ready to share?  A tip you think could help your colleagues right now?  Want to try something new while at home?  If so, we'd love to help you bring your ideas to those in our region.  We know you are the experts and that you all love to share.  If you have ideas, contact us.  Let's learn from each other!

Betsy
Managing Change and Worry in a Time of Uncertainty
Join us on Tuesday, April 21 st at 10 am <https://mms.neo-rls.org/Calendar/moreinfo_responsive.php?eventid=57293&org_id=NEOL> via Zoom
Finding and sustaining a sense of control during times of ambiguity is complicated and very human.
Learning Objectives

  *   You will gain self-awareness surrounding your own personal signs and triggers to worry and grief
  *   You will learn ways to heal and cope with tools to support the process
  *   You will gain awareness of ways to practice emotional agility during times of stress
Presenter:  Erin Turner,  LISW-S, is the Intensive Services Program Manager at Crossroads/Beacon Health in Lake County and Adjunct Faculty for Youngstown State School of Social Work Graduate Program. She has worked in community mental health settings for over 20 years as a volunteer, direct service provider, clinical supervisor and program manager
Facilities and Admin Virtual Networking Meeting - How to Plan to Return to the Library
Tuesday, April 28th at 10 am via Zoom<https://mms.neo-rls.org/Calendar/moreinfo_responsive.php?eventid=57300&org_id=NEOL>
Join Kevin Echols, Safety Services Manager, Cleveland Heights-University Heights Public Library, for an informative conversation about returning to the library and working with the public.

Come and share your concerns about reopening to the public.  What precautions should the library be taking to protect your staff and patrons?  How do you handle materials, book drops, do you wear masks and gloves, what needs to be cleaned?  Join us for this most needed conversation.
Many Online opportunities in April

Maintaining a Peaceful Attitude: How to Bring Positivity to the Workplace [Featured Archive] <http://mms.neo-rls.org/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=57183>
04/13/2020
Bullet Journal Basics [Featured Archive] <http://mms.neo-rls.org/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=56985>
04/14/2020
[NEW] Technical Services Virtual Networking Meeting<http://mms.neo-rls.org/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=57240>
04/14/2020
>From Peer to Leader<http://mms.neo-rls.org/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=55684>
04/15/2020
[NEW] Directors Virtual Networking Meeting<http://mms.neo-rls.org/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=57242>
04/15/2020
Copyright Basics for Librarians [Featured Archive] <http://mms.neo-rls.org/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=56986>
04/16/2020
[NEW] Breath by Breath: Dealing with Anxiety through Yoga<http://mms.neo-rls.org/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=57176>
04/16/2020
[NEW] Youth Services (Children & Teen) Virtual Networking Meeting<http://mms.neo-rls.org/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=57222>
04/16/2020
Onboarding Essentials: From Interview to Integration [Featured Archive] <http://mms.neo-rls.org/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=56987>
04/17/2020
[NEW] Human Resource and Fiscal Officer Virtual Networking Meeting<http://mms.neo-rls.org/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=57241>
04/17/2020
The Road to Copyright Clarity Part 3<http://mms.neo-rls.org/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=56889>
04/21/2020

See More<http://www.neo-rls.org/v_newsletters/article_161898793.htm>
How to Create a New Account
Please review this tutorial that walks you through how to successfully create an account.
Summer Reading on Your Mind?
There has been much conversation about summer reading and how this will look.  Thank you to Janet Ingraham Dwyer, Consultant, State Library of Ohio, for compiling this very useful document in regards to Alternate Service Model for  2020 Summer Reading Program <https://www.neo-rls.org/docs/Alternative_Delivery_of_Summer_Reading_Ideas.pdf> .
Resource Pages
During these challenging times NEO-RLS is happy to gather valuable resources in one location for your convenience.  Please take a look at these continually updated pages.
COVID-19 and Libraries<http://bit.ly/COVID-19NEORLS>
Online Programming Resources<https://bit.ly/NEORLSProgrammingResources>
Self-Care Resources During COVID-19<https://www.neo-rls.org/self-care_resources_during_cov.php>
If you have ideas you would like to share, please send them to Holly Klingler.<mailto:holly.klingler at neo-rls.org>
Recording Statistics
State Library data consultant, Kirstin Krumsee, is preparing advice for libraries about virtual programming and the Public Library Statistics. This advice will be shared widely, including on the LYS list. Please note that it specifically addresses the statistics that your library provides to the State Library of Ohio for our report to IMLS. There is a lot of library activity that isn't "counted" for that purpose, but that is still significant and impactful. I encourage you to keep statistics on ANY activity that is meaningful to your community and stakeholders. You can share activity results with your Board, administration, community partners, funders, and the general public even if they are not statistics that are collected by the State Library.

Read More <http://www.neo-rls.org/v_newsletters/article_161902459.htm>
Template 11 - NEO-RLS News-April 13, 2020