[OPLINLIST] FW: NEO-RLS News: Self-care Webinars and Resources, Virtual Performers, Sharing Online Programs

Melissa Lattanzi lattanzm at neo-rls.org
Mon Apr 20 09:59:32 EDT 2020

Difficulty viewing this email? Click here...<http://neo-rls.org/v_newsletters/newsletter_7238807.htm>

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D616FA.636707E0]
NEO-RLS News-April 20, 2020
Weekly Update

  *   A Note from the Executive Director, Betsy Lantz
  *   Many More Opportunities to Network and Learn
  *   Share your ideas and Resources for Librarian-produced Online/remote Programs
  *   Virtual Performers
  *   Summer Reading Ideas
  *   Webinars from the National Network of Libraries of Medicine

A Note from the Executive Director, Betsy Lantz
[https://neo-rls.org/photos/59194_02102020090245.jpg]We have been so happy to hear from our members about how helpful it has been to participate in the Network Meetings, to view the archived webinars and to attend new live webinars.  Thank you for boosting our spirits as we continue looking for ways to serve you.  However, we realize that taking advantage of the various learning opportunities doesn’t necessarily mean that your stress levels are reduced.  For that reason, we are working hard to bring you a variety of new experiences in the coming weeks that we hope will help with the stress of the situation.  The live Breath by Breath: Dealing with Anxiety through Yoga <https://mms.neo-rls.org/Calendar/moreinfo_responsive.php?eventid=57177&org_id=NEOL> webinars will continue on Thursdays at 1:00 PM.  Join us at 10:00 AM on Tuesday, April 21st for a live webinar and conversation with Erin Turner who will talk about Managing Change and Worry in a Time of Uncertainty<https://mms.neo-rls.org/Calendar/moreinfo_responsive.php?eventid=57293&org_id=NEOL>. On May 13th at 2:00 PM, we will be offering a live webinar entitled Self-Care is Not Selfish: Preventing Burnout <https://mms.neo-rls.org/Calendar/moreinfo_responsive.php?eventid=55985&org_id=NEOL> .  In this newsletter, please look at the information from the National Network of Libraries of Medicine on their upcoming webinars, Leading with Compassion during COVID-19, and Putting the Self back in Self-Care: Wellness in the time of COVID-19.  Lastly, please check out our Self-Care Resources During COVID-19 <https://www.neo-rls.org/self-care_resources_during_cov.php> webpage which is being updated daily and features a variety of resources including free webinars, programs and events, social opportunities, mental health resources specific to the COVID-19 crisis, positive resources amid COVID-19, and videos on health and well-being.  Take good care of yourselves and please stay well!

Betsy Lantz
Many More Opportunities to Network and Learn

[NEW] Teen Virtual Networking Meeting<http://mms.neo-rls.org/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=57366>
04/20/2020
The Road to Copyright Clarity Part 3<http://mms.neo-rls.org/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=56889>
04/21/2020
EBSCO Do-It-Yourself Interfaces (Hobbies and Crafts, Home Improvement, and Small Business) [Featured Archive] <http://mms.neo-rls.org/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=56991>
04/21/2020
[NEW] Adult Services Virtual Networking Meeting <http://mms.neo-rls.org/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=57243>
04/21/2020
[NEW] Managing Change and Worry in a Time of Uncertainty<http://mms.neo-rls.org/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=57293>
04/21/2020
RA Rethink: Merchandising and Upselling Edition <http://mms.neo-rls.org/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=55478>
04/22/2020
[NEW] Directors Virtual Networking Meeting<http://mms.neo-rls.org/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=57373>
04/22/2020

See More<http://www.neo-rls.org/v_newsletters/article_162243397.htm>
Share your ideas and Resources for Librarian-produced Online/remote Programs
Laura Solomon at OPLIN is considering creating an opportunity for Ohio libraries to share their ideas and resources for librarian-produced online/remote programs . The submissions would be made available and searchable as a shared database of library program ideas.

This was inspired by a project in California to collect and share librarians’ ideas for librarian-produced virtual programs. Here is the form that California libraries are using to contribute to their state’s online and remote programming resources database:
www.surveymonkey.com/r/OnlineProgrammingResourcesforCALibraries <http://www.surveymonkey.com/r/OnlineProgrammingResourcesforCALibraries>

We wonder if this would be a useful service for Ohio libraries. Please take a minute to complete this 2-question survey to indicate:
* whether your library would contribute program ideas to an Ohio online/remote programming resources database, and
* whether your library would use such a database to find ideas for programs for your library to create and offer.

Here is the survey:   www.surveymonkey.com/r/OH_online1<http://www.surveymonkey.com/r/OH_online1>
Please complete the survey by close of day Tuesday, April 21,   Thank you for your help!
Virtual Performers
With many libraries canceling in-person programming for the indefinite future, there is a lot of interest in virtual program and performance opportunities. Liz Gibbons-Camp, Adult Services Coordinator at the Chillicothe and Ross County Public Library and an ALA Emerging Leader, is compiling a list of performers who are willing to present virtual programming during the public health emergency and beyond.

Liz asks that you consider reaching out to performers you've booked in the past and asking if they would consider performing virtually during this emergency or at other times. And if they are, please add them to the list using this form:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeZwDPBs8UsSBIrH_248TivANLRM9LhsEIjPf78wbN-1l9_yA/viewform?usp=sf_link <https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeZwDPBs8UsSBIrH_248TivANLRM9LhsEIjPf78wbN-1l9_yA/viewform?usp=sf_link>

By contributing to the form, you will also receive an email link to see the list as it grows. Once the list gets large enough, Liz will also make it publicly accessible. Contact Liz at egibbonscamp at crcpl.org<mailto:egibbonscamp at crcpl.org> with any questions.
Summer Reading Ideas
Here is a webinar <https://vimeo.com/405824548> from the Massachusetts Library System in regards to 2020 Summer Reading.  I am sure you will find this webinar helpful.
Webinars from the National Network of Libraries of Medicine
Leading with Compassion during the COVID-19 Crisis<https://nnlm.gov/class/leading-compassion-during-covid-19-crisis/24038>
Apr 22, 2020, 11:00AM - 12:30PM CT​
Leading is hard. Global pandemics are harder still. Leading during a global pandemic is not only hard, but it is also traumatic, upending and confusing with competing priorities, community needs, personal values and more. Let’s spend time learning together. Library leaders will join us to discuss how they are leading with compassion. Learn how they are making decisions, what is influencing them and the challenges they have experienced along the way. Participate with your questions and ideas – we are all in this together.

Putting the Self back in Self-Care: Wellness in the time of COVID-19 <https://nnlm.gov/class/putting-self-back-self-care-wellness-time-covid-19/24088>
Apr 28, 2020, 11:00AM - 12:30PM CT
Whether you are working remotely or within the library building, COVID-19 has changed the way we work and live. In a profession where the desire to serve the public often subsumes the needs of library workers, our panelists will share strategies for self-care as well as tips for overcoming challenges related to (re)creating a work-life balance that can be done for free, remotely or in the building.​

Archived Webinar
Providing Virtual Programming in a Health Crisis<https://nnlm.gov/class/recording/providing-virtual-programming-health-crisis/24199>
Our buildings may be closed, but our libraries should be open. See how you can provide vital health programming to your patrons at little cost and without extensive technology. Join Tony Iovino, Assistant Director for Community Services for the Oceanside (NY) Library as he discusses how his library has already provided dozens of virtual health information programs for patrons of all ages. Topics discussed will be types of programming, the technology used, staff training, use of outside experts, and how to present health programming at little or no cost.​
Template 11 - NEO-RLS News-April 20, 2020