[OPLINLIST] Last chance for Intentionally Intersectional: Feminist Programming webinar on 4/28

Shelly Miller shellym at ohionet.org
Thu Apr 23 09:14:00 EDT 2020

[cid:image002.png at 01D6194F.855354B0]

Only a few days are left to register for this upcoming webinar that explores how library staff can be "intentionally intersectional" in the way they create programs. Intentional intersectionality encourages a purposeful way of looking at institutional systems to make more visible at-risk and historically marginalized community members, especially women. During this session, we will explore the concepts of intersectionality, privilege, and representation. Attendees will have the chance to critically self-reflect on the biases we bring to creating programs, and examine the ways we can apply this framework to the planning processes we use to create our programming and outreach efforts.

Intentionally Intersectional: Feminist Programming in the Library<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=555&reset=1>
Tuesday, April 28 from 2:00 PM to 3:30 PM | CEUs: 1.5
Presenter: Rebecca Stanwick (Toledo-Lucas County Public Library)

Can't make it in real-time?  Sign up anyway and be sure to get the link to review the recording of our online sessions at your convenience. Looking for more?  Check out these other sessions in our Cultivating Connections training track or head to the Events Calendar<http://www.ohionet.org/events-calendar> for a listing of all our currently scheduled training opportunities and vendor demonstrations.

Small Steps, Big Impact-Start a Veterans Outreach Program<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=558&reset=1>
Wednesday, May 20 from 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM | CEUs: 1
Presenter: Doug Stout (Licking County Library)

Veterans Outreach Programs Benefit Your Community and Your Library<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=560&reset=1>
Wednesday, August 5 from 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM | CEUs: 1
Presenters: Doug Stout and Laura Appleman (Licking County Library)

Don't hesitate to contact us<mailto:ohionet at ohionet.org> if you have questions about any of our events. We're always happy to help.

Cheers,

Shelly

Shelly S. Miller, MLIS
Community and Training Manager
OhioNET  |  1500 W. Lane Ave.  |  Columbus, OH 43221
shellym at ohionet.org<mailto:shellym at ohionet.org>  |  800-686-8975 ext. 37
www.ohionet.org

Connecting Libraries for Stronger Communities