[OPLINLIST] Dianna Clark Retires from State Library’s SEO Library Center

marshams at library.ohio.gov marshams at library.ohio.gov
Wed Jan 8 13:42:55 EST 2020

Please excuse multiple postings…

[cid:image003.jpg at 01D5C629.86C84BD0]We are at once happy and sad to announce the recent retirement of Dianna Clark, Director, SEO Library Center, State Library of Ohio. She retired on December 31, 2019 after 35 years of outstanding service to the State Library, SEO Library Center, SEO Library Consortium member libraries, and Ohio residents.

Dianna began working for the State Library in 1984 as a Library Assistant when SEO, located in Caldwell, was known as the Southeastern Ohio Regional Library Service Center. As a division of the State Library, SEO participated in many advances in library management and services throughout Dianna’s career, including: the installation of an automated circulation system; retrofitting a bookmobile and converting it to a mobile technology lab for staff training at small and rural libraries; and the purchase of two buildings. In 2007, Dianna became the Director of SEO. She managed the operations and led the SEO staff and Consortium members through a tremendous period of growth, change, and innovation. Dianna promoted membership in the SEO Library Consortium throughout the Ohio library community by expanding access to cost effective automation, library apps, and shared print and digital collections that help small and rural libraries better serve their communities. Under her leadership, SEO successfully increased membership from 70 libraries with 150 locations in 2007 to 95 libraries with 241 locations today.

“One of the highlights of Dianna’s career occurred in 2013 when she and the SEO staff were recognized with the Governor’s Award for Employee Excellence for their work in migrating the SEO Library Consortium to the Symphony Integrated Library System,” expressed State Librarian Beverly Cain.  “This effort made it easier for member libraries to offer a shared catalog of library resources to their patrons.”

Dianna wrote in her farewell message to the SEO Consortium, “Along this journey I have met so many dedicated, enthusiastic and extremely talented folks in libraries throughout Ohio and I will miss you all very much. It is the friendships that I have developed at SEO and across the state that make this decision bittersweet. I do know that the staff at SEO and all of you will continue this passionate and dedicated journey for Serving Every Ohioan the Best Library User Experience!”

John Stewart has been named Interim Director of the SEO Library Center and it is anticipated that John will formally be named Director by the end of January.

Photo L to R: Dianna Clark, Beverly Cain, Laurie Gemmill Arp

###
[cid:image005.jpg at 01D5C629.86C84BD0]
Marsha McDevitt-Stredney, Ph.D.
Public Information Officer