[OPLINLIST] Circulating Magazines

Chris Weaver-Pieh weaver-pieh at mcdl.info
Mon Jul 20 15:26:07 EDT 2020

Hi All,

The new Battelle report confirms that COVID-19 is detectable on magazines at the 4 day mark. This means MCDL's universal 3-day quarantine process no longer seems sufficient.

If you are treating magazines differently than other items (including not circulating them at all), could you please email me back?
Or please forward my email to someone in your library that I could runs some ideas by?

thanks in advance,
Chris Weaver-Pieh
Collection Resources Manager
Medina County District Library
weaver-pieh at mcdl.info

https://www.webjunction.org/content/dam/WebJunction/Documents/webJunction/realm/test2-report.pdf
Test 2: Natural attenuation as a decontamination approach for SARS-CoV-2 on five paper-based library and archives materials<https://www.webjunction.org/content/dam/WebJunction/Documents/webJunction/realm/test2-report.pdf>
assay plates were observed for CPE. The test matrix covered five time (T, or day) points: T0, T1, T2, T3, and T4. As shown in Figures 2 and 3, at
www.webjunction.org

Chris Weaver-Pieh

Collection Resources Manager

Medina County District Library