[OPLINLIST] Results of national vote for CSLP 2022 slogan and 2024 theme

jdwyer at library.ohio.gov jdwyer at library.ohio.gov
Tue Sep 22 08:46:11 EDT 2020

Cross-posted. Please excuse duplication.

The Collaborative Summer Library Program conducted a stripped-down Annual Meeting last week. Ordinarily a 3-day in-person event, this year's CSLP Annual Meeting was a 2-hour Zoom attended by the CSLP Board, staff, and state/territory reps, followed by voting. Only the most critical business took place, including elections for CSLP Board and the nationwide vote of state/territory reps on the 2022 program slogan and 2024 program theme.

The results:
The 2022 slogan for all ages for the Oceanography theme will be "Oceans of Possibility."
This slogan won by a large margin in the nationwide vote. It had come in third in the Ohio survey, after "Create Waves at Your Library" and "Discover Treasures at Your Library."

The 2024 theme will be Adventure.
This nationwide vote was much closer than the 2022 slogan vote. Unfortunately, Adventure was one of the lowest vote-getters in the Ohio survey. Top choices in the Ohio survey included Time Travel, Cooking, DIY, and Agriculture.

Thank you to the 428 (!) Ohio librarians and library staff members who participated in the Ohio survey, and especially to those who also made the time to attend one of CSLP's Listening Sessions. We are one of 50+ voting member states/territories and we didn't get our top picks this time, but Ohio libraries will create awesome programs on the selected themes. Here's a summary of upcoming CSLP themes, slogans, and artists:

2021: Theme is Animals. Slogan "Tails and Tales." Artist is Salina Yoon<http://www.salinayoon.com/HOME.html>.
2022: Theme is Oceanography. Slogan "Oceans of Possibility." Artist is Sophie Blackall<http://www.sophieblackall.com>.
2023: Theme is Friendship and Kindness. Slogan "All Together Now."  Artist is Frank Morrison<https://morrisongraphics.com/collections/childrens-books>.
2024: Theme is Adventure. Slogan to be determined in fall 2021. Artist is Juana Martinez-Neal<https://juanamartinezneal.com/>.