[OPLINLIST] CSLP news for 2022 and beyond

jdwyer at library.ohio.gov jdwyer at library.ohio.gov
Fri Jul 16 10:02:12 EDT 2021

Cross-posted. Please excuse duplication.

There's still a lot of summer remaining in 2021, but for your advance planning, here are the upcoming Collaborative Summer Library Program themes and artists for next year and beyond:
2022: Theme is Oceanography. Slogan "Oceans of Possibilities." Artist is Sophie Blackall<http://www.sophieblackall.com>.
2023: Theme is Friendship and Kindness. Slogan "All Together Now."  Artist is Frank Morrison<https://morrisongraphics.com/collections/childrens-books>.
2024: Theme is Adventure. Slogan to be determined in fall 2021. Artist is Juana Martinez-Neal<https://juanamartinezneal.com/>.

The "All Together Now" theme was originally slated for 2022. CSLP switched it and "Oceans of Possibilities" to better align with the strengths and styles of the artists who had been contracted for 2022 and 2023. It's way easier to swap the slogans than to renegotiate with the artists, who are booked several years in advance. A side effect is that the ocean-themed teen and adult "Tails & Tales" art created by Salina Yoon for this year is now back-to-back with a similar theme next year. The Sophie Blackall art for 2022 will be very distinct from this year's art, and will be available to you as soon as the online CSLP manual for 2022 is released - most likely early October.

In other CSLP news, the 2022 program manual will again be provided for free to all Ohio public libraries in online format. As usual, the manual and CSLP membership are funded by federal LSTA funds, administered by the State Library of Ohio. I will send the 2022 manual access code and details to a representative of each Ohio public library system in the fall. I'll also re-send this info in early January 2022, and possibly again in late winter/early spring.

If there is a change in the primary summer library program contact at your library system (the person who should receive the manual access code and CSLP info) since this time last year, please note that when you complete the 2021 Ohio Summer Library Program evaluation<https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/slpeval2021> at the end of your 2021 SLP, or just email me that person's contact info.

Last year, the pandemic necessitated a switch from USB to the online manual format for the statewide purchase. It was impossible to ship manuals to libraries with the State Library closed. Now we're sticking with the online manual format because it's also more cost-effective, eco-friendly, and can be updated, added to, and improved throughout the winter and spring. And it's vastly easier to distribute, and eliminates the possibility of loss or damage in transit. The USB flash drive and paper manual formats will continue to be available for purchase from the CSLP catalog and online store. These purchases are at the discretion of libraries and at libraries' expense. Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,
Janet

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D77A29.A54A0B60]
Janet Ingraham Dwyer (she/her)