[OPLINLIST] Job Posting - Dayton Metro Library

Jennifer Kadel JEly at daytonmetrolibrary.org
Wed Jun 2 17:53:09 EDT 2021

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D757D8.25360A50]
Have you always wanted to drive a 34-foot-long, 25,000 lb. mobile library?  Now is your chance!  The Dayton Metro Library is seeking a full-time Patron Services Assistant/Driver for Outreach Services.  This individual is required to be a licensed Ohio driver in good standing.  Our Outreach department supports three separate services in our community.  We provide the bookmobile at early literacy centers, such as daycares and preschools.  We also have a homebound service which entails delivering library items to patrons at home who cannot come to their local library.  The last service we offer is our lobby stops at older adult living facilities.  We provide browsing collections to them in the lobbies of where they live and assist them in checking these items out.   If you enjoy being out and about in the community, visiting different neighborhoods every day, then consider joining our team!

Essential Job Duties

*         Provides courteous, welcoming and prompt circulation services to all patrons. Charges, discharges and reserves library materials. Enters circulation data into computer.

  *   Performs daily pre-departure check of vehicles for proper operation.  Drives all department vehicles to appointed stops and parks unit in a position to ensure patron and staff safety.

*         Registers and issues library cards, registers voters and Golden Buckeye participants.  Answers phone and responds to patron inquiries.

  *   Assists patrons in finding and selecting library materials and in the use of laptops, personal electronic devices and library virtual materials.  Selects materials for patrons using individual profiles and teacher collection forms.

*         Processes returns, sorts delivery and mail, routes materials, searches for holds and missing items, and processes unclaimed requests.

  *   Under the direction of the manager(s)/librarian(s), changes the circulation status of items and routes or discards items as appropriate.

*         Assists with opening and closing duties.

*         Performs miscellaneous clerical duties such as mending materials and filling displays.

Job Qualifications

  *   Valid Ohio driver's license appropriate for driving all department vehicles, acceptable motor vehicle record and continuous insurability and proven competency operating and maintaining the Bookmobile and all other Outreach vehicles required.
  *   High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one to three months related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
  *   Knowledge of circulation and Outreach policies and procedures preferred.  .
  *   General knowledge of PC equipment required.
  *   Typical schedule is Monday through Friday, 8:00 -5:00.

Physical Requirements:  Ability to occasionally load and unload materials weighing 55-85 pounds.  Ability to frequently carry, grasp, reach, hold, lift, stoop, turn, and use keyboard. Ability to intermittently pull and push book trucks weighing up to 250 pounds, up and down ramps and over uneven surfaces. Ability to frequently lift bagged materials weighing 10-15 pounds, sit, stand, walk, and drive. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision for driving, and the ability to distinguish colors. Ability to speak and hear required. Employee will be exposed to outside weather conditions.

Compensation and Benefits:  Starting hourly wage is $14.74 with an exceptional benefits package.

Application Process:  For first consideration, please send your cover letter, resume, and contact information for three employment references to Jennifer Kadel at careers at daytonmetrolibrary.org<mailto:careers at daytonmetrolibrary.org> by June 8, 2021.

The Dayton Metro Library is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.

[cid:image001.png at 01D0186B.B3E83010]

JENNIFER KADEL
Recruitment and Retention Manager
DaytonMetroLibrary.org<http://www.daytonmetrolibrary.org/>
P: 937.496.8588 *  F: 937.496.4302

"It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."
-J.K. Rowling