[OPLINLIST] Phone options for released inmates

Rebecca Wilden rfw at mechanicsburgohlibrary.org
Wed Jun 16 14:56:05 EDT 2021

Hi everyone,

I'd like to talk off-list to anyone who has a jail within walking distance of their library and often has released inmates wishing to use the phone to call someone. We have a jail that serves 3 counties a mile away from us so we have a lot of people wanting to call long-distance. Do you have a pay phone, a separate phone, direct them to use Google Voice on a computer? I am interested in how libraries serve these patrons.

Thanks!
Rebecca

Rebecca Wilden, MSI
Director