[OPLINTECH] A quick survey if you have a moment

Bobbi Galvin galvinro@oplin.org
Thu, 06 Nov 2003 16:17:54 -0500

--=====================_162948697==.ALT

At 12:00 PM 11/6/2003 -0500, Mann, James H. wrote:

>I m working on a presentation for Annual and your response to the
>following questions would be most helpful.
>    * Do you use anti-virus software - YES, on staff machines
>    * Who is your anti-virus software vendor - Norton
>    * Does your anti-virus software block spam - YES, but we don't utilize it
>    * Do you use a computer management/security product - YES
>    * Who is your vendor - **Deep Freeze  (Patron machines only)
>    * Do you use a pay-for-print product  - NO
>    * Who is you pay-for-print vendor - N/A
>    * Do you use a reservation product  - NO
>    * Who is your reservation product vendor N/A
>    * Do you use a filtering product - NO
>    * Who is your filtering product vendor N/A
>**Deep Freeze by Faronics is awesome!  We simply restart the machine to
>restore default settings.  It is very inexpensive and totally
>customizable.  I would recommend it to libraries of any size.

>Comments, recommendations, reviews would be appreciated.
>
>My goal is to create several slides with lists of and links to various
>vendors such as Symantec, Deep Freeze, Envisionware and Websense. Frankly,
>we do our security by hand and have used the same vendors for server-based
>filtering and patron management for so long that I ve lost touch with some
>of the other vendors or solutions.
>
>TIA
>Jim

--=====================_162948697==.ALT

At 12:00 PM 11/6/2003 -0500, Mann, James H. wrote:<br><br>
working on a presentation for Annual and your response to the following
questions would be most helpful.
<ol>
<li>Do you use anti-virus software</font> - YES, on staff
machines<font face="arial" size=2>
<li>Who is your anti-virus software vendor</font> -
Norton<font face="arial" size=2>
<li>Does your anti-virus software block spam</font> - YES, but we don't
utilize it<font face="arial" size=2>
<li>Do you use a computer management/security product</font> -
YES<font face="arial" size=2>
<li>Who is your vendor</font> - **Deep Freeze&nbsp; (Patron machines
only)<font face="arial" size=2>
<li>Do you use a pay-for-print product</font>&nbsp; -
NO<font face="arial" size=2>
<li>Who is you pay-for-print vendor</font> -
N/A<font face="arial" size=2>
<li>Do you use a reservation product</font>&nbsp; -
NO<font face="arial" size=2>
<li>Who is your reservation product vendor</font>
N/A<font face="arial" size=2>
<li>Who is your filtering product vendor</font> N/A