[OPLINTECH] FW: Network Services Customer Update - October 17, 2003

Don Yarman yarmando@oplin.org
Mon, 20 Oct 2003 09:21:55 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Vince.Corroto@das.state.oh.us
[mailto:Vince.Corroto@das.state.oh.us]
Sent: Friday, October 17, 2003 1:45 PM
To: DAS.CSD.ITSD.Network.Services.Weekly.Updates%OHIO@das.state.oh.us
Subject: Network Services Customer Update - October 17, 2003

Network Services Customer Update - October 17, 2003

Scheduled Maintenance:

Tuesday, October 21, 3:00 - 6:00 a.m

Network engineers will be replacing UPS batteries at the Rhodes State
Office Tower.   The following devices will be affected: BBRHOE, BBRHOF,
MHCO, Access Switch 2000 and Access T-45.  The outage is expected to
last approximately 30 minutes.  Please contact the Network Operations
Center if you have any questions.

Completed Maintenance:

Monday, October 13, 3:00 - 6:00 a.m. (Columbus Day)

ITSD Network Operations replaced a module in a core router.  The
maintenance window did not exceed 1 hour.

ITSD Network Services "Infected Devices" Policy:

With the recent increase of worms and viruses, ITSD is planning to
implement an "Infected Devices" Policy.  On a daily basis we determine
(with Intrusion Detection Software) devices that are infected with a
worm or virus.  If these infected devices are not removed from the
ohio.gov network, they can infect other machines.  If the infected
device is disrupting the ohio.gov network then the device will be
restricted from accessing the network immediately.  If the infected
device is not affecting the ohio.gov network then we will notify the
customer of the infected device and ask them to remove the device from
the network.  Once notified, the customer will have 24 hours to cleanse
the infected device.  If a customer fails to removed an infected device
from the network (24 hours after they've been notified), the device will
be restricted from accessing the ohio.gov network.  This policy will be
updated as needed to maintain ohio.gov network access.  Please contact
the Network Operations Center if you have any questions or concerns.

DAS Goal -
DAS will leverage Ohio's investment in information technology by
implementing exemplary statewide governance in collaboration with its
customers.

IT Service Delivery Goal -
Provide customers with a secure, reliable, available, and stable
Information Technology environment, incorporating existing and future
architectures

Customer Suggestions:
Please send your suggestions for improving our network services to:
E-mail: suggestions@net.state.oh.us Fax: 614-644-3349

Network Operations Center (NOC):
644-0701 (Columbus Calling Area)
800-644-0701 (Outside of the Columbus Calling Area) noc@net.state.oh.us