[OPLINTECH] IP addresses and database accounts

Don Yarman yarmando@oplin.org
Tue, 16 Sep 2003 11:22:34 -0400

OPLINTECH readers--

This summer we discovered that our customer accounts with
the OPLIN database vendors need some cleaning.  Most vendors
are still authenticating IP addresses that libraries stopped
using over a year ago, and many vendors were not provided
with complete information on the new IP ranges.

We are gradually cleaning up the customer accounts with
the vendors, but before we go too much further, I would like
to make sure that we're not missing addresses.  If your
library buildings use IP addresses outside of the OPLIN-
assigned 66.213.*.* class, I would appreciate it if you
would contact me.  I'm particularly interested in hearing
from libraries whose branches have Internet connections
provided by the local cable company (i.e. "Road Runner"
connections).

Thanks for your help, and I'll do my best not to cut off
your database access.

            Regards,
                          Don Yarman
                          OPLIN Library Services Manager