[OPLINTECH] FW: domain forwarding

Carol Dunn dunn@findlaylibrary.org
Tue, 16 Sep 2003 16:19:31 -0400

Oplintech,
I'm asking everyone. Here is the response I finally got from the
Gates Foundation. Thanks to everyone for their kind advice &
I'll let you know when I finally get this task accomplished.
Sincerely,
Carol Dunn

-----Original Message-----
From: Support@Gates [mailto:support@gatesfoundation.org]
Sent: Tuesday, September 16, 2003 3:30 PM
To: Carol Dunn
Subject: RE: domain forwarding

Carol, we have investigated this from all ends and we still have some
questions:

1) Did you buy this new domain from Netsol.com?  If so they offer a $12 fee
to do the domain forwarding for you.  If you bought the domain from someone
else, please see if they offer this service for you.
2) Otherwise, we can assist you in creating a URL forwarding rule on your
server to do this for you but you would need to call us to work this out and
we will make some changes to your IIS settings.  It would entail having a
separate web page that would forward the hits to the other domain and it
would not be as seamless (nor is it recommended from an internet search
engine).