[OPLINTECH] "flip" virus

Deb Malecha dmalecha@delawarelibrary.org
Thu, 19 Feb 2004 16:27:54 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C3F705.533ED630

Today one of our public computers was infected with a "flip" virus =
(actually, I guess it's really a worm).  I should say that we protect =
all of our workstations with Norton Anti-Virus and this one had all but =
the very latest (yesterday's) updates on it.  But, around 11:30 this =
morning, the desktop and everything else turned  upside down - nothing =
catastrophic, just annoying.  I followed the advice from Symantec, I =
tried removing the infected files manually.  I tried deleting the files =
from the registry.   Every time I deleted them, they came back.  I know =
I'm missing something obvious.  Any help would be appreciated!

Deborah Malecha, M.L.I.S.
Technology Coordinator
Delaware County District Library
------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C3F705.533ED630

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Today one of our public computers was =
infected with=20
a "flip" virus (actually, I guess it's really a worm).&nbsp; I should =
say that=20
we protect all of our workstations with Norton Anti-Virus and this one =
had all=20
but the very latest (yesterday's) updates on it.&nbsp; But, around 11:30 =
this=20
morning, the desktop and everything else&nbsp;turned &nbsp;upside down - =
nothing=20
catastrophic, just annoying.&nbsp; I followed the advice from Symantec, =
I tried=20
removing the infected files manually.&nbsp; I tried deleting the files =
from the=20
registry.&nbsp;&nbsp; Every time I deleted them, they came back.&nbsp; I =
know=20
I'm missing something obvious.&nbsp; Any help would be =
appreciated!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Deborah Malecha, M.L.I.S.<BR>Technology =

Coordinator<BR>Delaware County District =
Library</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C3F705.533ED630--