[OPLINTECH] Looking for panelists

Don Yarman yarmando@oplin.org
Fri, 2 Jan 2004 14:25:04 -0500

OPLINteckers--

The OLC IT division is proposing for the Annual Conference a
panel discussion on open source software:  the real costs of
free software.  Our intent is to take a look at what open
source solutions are good for, WHO they're good for, and
maybe who and what they are not so good for.

The "Open Source Nay Sayer" is not a popular role to play.
I could probably do it -- I've played villains before -- but
I'd prefer to have someone with more experience and passion
for the subject than I have, someone with at least as much
passion about the drawbacks of open source as the proponents
have for its advantages.  Any takers?

     Your most humble and obedient servant,

                          Don Yarman
                          OPLIN Library Services Manager