[OPLINTECH] Direct Linking to OPLIN databases

Don Yarman yarmando@oplin.org
Mon, 26 Jan 2004 12:37:27 -0500

Jeffrey wrote:

> I went home over the weekend and tried remote access to all
> the databases with that capability.  I ran into 3 that had
> problems at home:
>
> 1. Access Science requests a login name and password.

I'm terribly sorry about the delay getting statewide
remote access to AccessScience.  They just won't
respond.  If you can bear with me a little longer, I
hope to have remote access to the resource through
the new OPLIN website.

> 2. NetLibrary also requests a login name and password.

Yes, it does.  netLibrary requires users to go into
a library and set up an individual account.  After
that, they can use their individual accounts for remote
access.  (Yes, it's inefficient.  I personally have
at least 3 netLibrary accounts).

> 3. The Ohio Historical Society (through the remote access
> screen) shows a directory listing instead of the website.

Fixed that.  Thanks for telling me.

            Regards,
                          Don Yarman
                          OPLIN Library Services Manager