[OPLINTECH] ITSD Network Services Customer Update - March 19, 2004

Dixie.Rogers@das.state.oh.us Dixie.Rogers@das.state.oh.us
Fri, 19 Mar 2004 13:35:48 -0500

ITSD Network Services Customer Update - March 19, 2004

Scheduled Maintenance:

None.

Maintenance Update:

Tuesday's, 3:00 - 6:00 a.m.

Effective Tuesday, February 3, 2004 the ITSD Network Security Group will
begin performing firewall maintenance.  This maintenance will occur on
Tuesday's during ITSD Network Services scheduled maintenance window.  When
the firewall maintenance occurs, customers may experience a brief (3
minute) outage.  We would like our customers to be aware of this window
when planning or scheduling events that may be affected by the brief
outage.  Please let us know if you currently have business needs that
prohibit us from performing this maintenance.  All maintenance that
requires downtime or could possibly result in a large impact to our
customers will continue to be scheduled with our customers being notified
in advance.

CheckPoint Firewall Customer Update:

To provide better protection of our CheckPoint customer networks, ITSD
Network Services, Network Security has been required to block some
additional ports without prior approval of our customers.

On Tuesday evening, March 9, 2004, at 7:00 PM Security Policy was installed
to prevent impact to our customers networks.  If there are any problems
associated with this change please contact the noc@net.state.oh.us and cc:
support@osg.state.oh.us.  For urgent matters please call 644-0701.

The TCP ports associated with MyDoom variant (2745, 3127, 3128, 6129,
10080, 30001 and 63000) are being blocked outbound and logged firewall. The
ports inbound are being dropped and not logged by the ITSD firewall.

Completed Maintenance:

Tuesday, March 16, 3:00 - 6:00 a.m.

ITSD network engineer installed a Clock Scheduler Card and Gigabit Ethernet
line card in the primary Internet Border Router at the SOCC.

DAS Goal:
DAS will leverage Ohio's investment in information technology by
implementing exemplary statewide governance in collaboration with its
customers.

IT Service Delivery Goal:
Provide customers with a secure, reliable, available, and stable
Information Technology environment, incorporating existing and future
architectures.

Customer Suggestions:
Please send your suggestions for improving our network services to E-mail
suggestions@net.state.oh.us Fax 614-644-3349

Network Operations Center (NOC):
Voice:  644-0701 (Columbus Calling Area)  or  800-644-0701 (Outside of the
Columbus Calling Area)
E-mail:  noc@net.state.oh.us
Word Wide Web:  http://das.ohio.gov/itsd/telecom/

Vince Corroto
Network Operations Manager
DAS/ITSD/Network Services
Voice:  614-466-7133
E-mail: vince.corroto@das.state.oh.us

Service, Support, Solutions for Ohio Government

An Equal Opportunity Employer and Provider of ADA Services