[OPLINTECH] Internet Filtering & Networking.

Jamie Mason jmason@avonlake.lib.oh.us
Wed, 5 May 2004 12:39:59 -0400

sorry Jim, i meant it to go to the list..
=20
hey everyone,
since it seems that these types of questions get asked over and over by
many of us newcomers... and some of us oldtimers...
do you think we could convince OPLIN or one of the regionals to compile
all of this information on a website that we can refer to whenever we
need it?
=20
~Jamie L. Mason
Avon Lake Public

  _____ =20

From: JKENZIG [mailto:JKENZIG@cuyahoga.lib.oh.us]=20
Sent: Wednesday, May 05, 2004 12:19 PM
To: oplintech@oplin.org
Subject: RE: [OPLINTECH] Internet Filtering & Networking.

We aren't using it here at CCPL but I am using Cybersitter at my home
for my children and it allows you to easily turn off and on blocking and
you can even schedule when filtering is enabled or disabled.
  http://www.cybersitter.com/
=20
They have a business version which also can be controlled via a server.
This is the only product I have found so far that easily does it on a
workstation level but can be controlled from a server.=20
Others:
http://www.zixcorp.com/compro/webinspector.php formerly Elron
<http://www.elronsoftware.com/index.shtml>=20
http://www.n2h2.com/index.php