[OPLINTECH] Moving circuits to increase capacity

Don Yarman yarmando@oplin.org
Fri, 28 May 2004 14:33:15 -0400

[Cross-posted; apologies for duplication]

It is necessary to increase the Internet capacity for
Ohio's public libraries.  We're finding that Internet
bandwidth use has been spiking this week, reaching maximum
levels and affecting service.

Early Monday, DAS engineers will be moving library
core circuits to a larger Internet feed.  You will
experience at least a brief service interruption (but
hopefully, because this is happening on Memorial Day,
few people will notice).  If there is a problem, the
interruption may last longer, but engineers are
committed to restoring access as quickly as possible.

We apologize for the sudden and late notice of this
work, but a situation that we didn't expect to face until
later this year has become critical, and we felt it
was best to act quickly and make changes over the
holiday.

            Regards,
                          Don Yarman
                          OPLIN Library Services Manager