[OPLINTECH] Streamlining authentication

Don Yarman yarmando@oplin.org
Mon, 15 Nov 2004 14:48:18 -0500

OPLINTECH readers--

We are working on ways to streamline remote access
to databases.  One of the things we want to try is
eliminating the step of choosing a library from the
complete list.

I'd appreciate it if you could take the time to
visit http://www.oplin.org/access2test.php and
check one or more of your libraries' card numbers.
If your library name appears in red above the box
after submitting, then everything is fine.

WRONG LIBRARY NAME?
 Please contact me and let me know what library
 appears, what library should appear, and what number
 you entered to make the error happen.

LIST OF LIBRARIES
 In about 25% of the state's libraries, we can't
 uniquely identify a library, but we can generate
 a list of possible libraries.  If your library does
 not appear in the drop down box of selections, please
 contact me.  Again, I'll want to know what library
 should appear and what numbers you used to test.

Lastly, if you believe that our system should be
able to uniquely identify your library from the
card numbers but users instead have to select you
from a list, please let me know.  The more libraries
that we can identify based on the number, the easier
this system will be for all users.

     Your most humble and obedient servant,

                          Don Yarman
                          OPLIN Library Services Manager