[OPLINTECH] What software on public computers?

Phil Shirley pshirley@cuyahogafallslibrary.org
Thu, 4 Aug 2005 08:48:42 -0400 (EDT)

Someone has asked me about installing a typing tutor (Mavis Beacon Teaches
Typing) on some of our public computers.  Except for a couple of computers
that are dedicated to games for young children and two others that are
word-processing only, all our public computers have Internet and Microsoft
Office but nothing else.  I would be interested to know what other public
libraries are doing if you have a moment.

1.  Do you provide Mavis Beacon or some other typing tutorial on any
public computers (if you provide some other typing tutorial, what is it)?

2.  What software do you provide on your public computers?

Thanks in advance for any information you can share.

Phil

Phil Shirley
Technology Services Coordinator
Cuyahoga Falls Library