[OPLINTECH] Wireless

Ed Liddle eliddle at marysvillelib.org
Thu Dec 29 15:31:57 EST 2005

We have been using public ip ( http://publicip.net ) the free version to
manage our public wireless access point since March of this year. This
provides a splash page that our patrons have to log on to. We have a
link on this page that enable patrons to create their own wireless
account if they do not have one.
There is usually very little staff intervention needed for this.

Public IP enables us to keep track how many people use it, how many
sessions there were, and what the total amount of time that it was used
(hours, min, secs).  Public IP does have the ability to filter, but we
do not filter our wireless access, nor do we encrypt it.