[OPLINTECH] Chat Blocking?

James Guilford James.Guilford@westlakelibrary.org
Tue, 01 Feb 2005 14:41:08 -0500

Hello,

We are having problems lately with young teens becoming rowdy when using
chat on the Internet-connected computers in our Youth Services area.
Prior to this there has been little trouble with teens using chat; they
were quiet and respectful. Now staff are demanding a technological
solution as the under-staffed service desk can't handle legitimate
assistance demands plus "police" duties.

We are not currently filtered but are looking at a computer scheduling
system (SAM) which, when pared with a filter package, claims to be able
to block chat.

For those sites blocking chat: what success have you had, what
techniques/products are you using to stop the madness?

Thanks in advance!

--
James Guilford, I.T. Manager

Reclaim Your Inbox!