[OPLINTECH] Gateway profile

Roger O. Young roger@wcplib.lib.oh.us
Fri, 25 Feb 2005 11:30:40 -0500

I was wondering if anyone has been having a problem similar to mine.  We
have been using Gateway profiles for years now, and recently bought some
Gateway Profile 5.5's with 17 in monitors.  After I installed them and
joined them to the domain, as I have always done, I have been getting error
messages on 2 of them when trying to log them on:  "Windows can't connect to
the domain because the domain controller is down or unavailable or the
computer account is not found."

The problem is intermittent in nature, in that sometimes it will succeed in
logging on after 10 failures in a row.

Obviously the domain controller is not the problem, because all other
computers are authenticating.  I have done all the other things: rejoining
it to the domain, checked the connections, blah blah blah.

I am wondering if it might be a problem installed in the Profiles.  The ones
we had bought before had Intel brand network cards, these have a brand I am
unfamiliar with.

Might the problem be with the cards?  Does anyone have any other
advice/insight?

Thanks.

Roger O. Young
I T Coordinator