[OPLINTECH] Policies on USB decives on public computers

Phil Shirley pshirley@cuyahogafallslibrary.org
Wed, 13 Jul 2005 10:33:25 -0400 (EDT)

We allow patrons to use USB flash memory drives (Jump Drives, Thumb
Drives, etc.) on our public computers.  I just got my first question about
whether a patron is allowed to connect some other kind of USB device to
our public computers (a USB hard drive).  Does anyone have a policy
(official or not) on what kind of USB devices patrons can plug into public
computers?

I suspect a lot of devices wouldn't work anyway without us installing
drivers for the patron, but I don't have much experience with the wide
array of USB devices that are out there.

Phil

Phil Shirley
Technology Services Coordinator
Cuyahoga Falls Library