[OPLINTECH] Re: Recommended WMA players

Don Yarman yarmando.oplin@gmail.com
Mon, 21 Mar 2005 07:29:14 -0500

OPLINTECH--

The end of my quest for a digital audio player?

I realized that all my criteria boiled down to
"Can I use this without looking at it?"  That's
a tall order for any electronic gadget to meet.
I'm a good driver, I think, but I can't drive and
read at the same time.

I also wanted a rechargeable device that
synched using USB 2.0.

I already own a Creative Nomad Zen Jukebox.
Its difficult UI is what sent me off in search
of something better.  There really isn't one.
Any player is going to offer you some playlist-
management option that requires reading a
screen.

I already have devices that will work:  the
Zen Jukebox, my Pocket PC, my laptop.
So I took all the store credit I've been building
up at Best Buy and bought an iPod Shuffle.
It won't work for the WMA-secured audiobooks,
but it's great for my music.

Now, if only my car stereo had a simple
line-in jack....

    Your most humble and obedient servant,