[OPLINTECH] w2k to w2003?

Roger O. Young roger@wcplib.lib.oh.us
Mon, 16 May 2005 15:46:42 -0400

    We have a Windows 2000 server running active directory (our domain
controller).  We will be replacing it with a new server running Windows
2003.  Anyone have advice, preferably a step-by-step list of what we should
do to migrate from the old to the new?  What is involved?  What do I need to
look out for?

Our structure is this:  Our W2K server at main (the one we will be
replacing) is the Domain Controller for Main, our file server and our print
server for Main, and  our web server and e-mail server for the whole system.
Each of 4 branches also has a server which serves its branch as domain
controller.

Thanks

Roger O. Young
Washington County Public Library