[OPLINTECH] E-mail Programs

Don Yarman yarmando at oplin.org
Tue Nov 29 12:12:24 EST 2005

On 11/29/05, Karen Perone <peroneka at oplin.org> wrote:
> Call me old-fashioned, but I've been using Netscape's email program for
> years. It has a great filtering program that you can set up to remove
> the junk and it learns what to consider junk as you moved things to the
> junk folder.

Netscape/Thunderbird are good at junk mail recognition.  One
warning:  Symantec anti-virus will lock your mailbox if you receive
a virus.  (At home, I had to set Symantec not to scan my
Thunderbird Inbox, which kind of defeats the purpose of having
anti-virus in the first place).

OPLIN has installed (but not yet enabled) SpamAssassin on the
new mail server that we implemented November 11.  It will label
potential junk messages for people with oplin.org email accounts.
Those messages will still come through to you (OPLIN cannot filter
content), but you can set up rules to send those messages into
a particular folder.

--
                  Don Yarman
                  2323 West 5th Ave, Suite 130; Columbus OH 43204

Spotlight on Ohio's Libraries --  http://ohlibraries.blogspot.com