[OPLINTECH] E-mail Programs

JKENZIG JKENZIG at cuyahoga.lib.oh.us
Tue Nov 29 12:55:14 EST 2005

FWIW
I've compiled some good spam information links on my website I maintain
about it at http://www.spamguerilla.com
Don's solution.. "Multitiered" approach is probably the best way to do
it.

For our patrons we use Mercury Mail(free) on a workstation.
http://www.pmail.com/whatsnew/m32401.htm
This mail server then has trend scanning the in and out messages.  I do
suggest you use a separate email server for staff and for public
workstations.

For an exchange server I like Trends Scanmail  and also Sunbelt
Software's IHateSpam product comes in a close second.
I admit I haven't tried SpamAssasin but only hear and read good things
from my fellow admins on my Windows discussion lists I moderate.

Regards,
Jim Kenzig
Network Manager
Cuyahoga County Public Library