[OPLINTECH] RSS reader and integration

Karen Perone peroneka@oplin.org
Mon, 24 Oct 2005 13:28:45 -0400

OK, I'm going to go out on a limb here and admit that I don't get this
whole RSS reader thing. I understand the concept of news feeds dropping
updated info onto your computer. I understand that the orange RSS box is
supposed to allow me to subscribe somehow. I also know that without a
reader of some sort, clicking on the orange box give me a screen of XML.

So, now what do I do? What readers do you folks use? Is there a simple
way to incorporate the news feeds with my local homepage that I use on
my browser?  Netscape 7.2 is my current with Firefox second and IE a
distant third choice.

Can I set up a blog or RSS feed for my library locally on an IIS box? Or
is it best to use an online site like blogger?

Help.
--Karen Perone, Rodman Public Library