[OPLINTECH] power brick

Chad Neeper CNeeper@nrg92.com
Mon, 24 Oct 2005 15:05:57 -0400

I stopped buying manufacturer/laptop-specific power adapters and started =
using universal laptop adapters for my own laptops. The universal ones are =
nice because they will work with a wide variety of laptops and not just a =
single specific laptop. If you go this route, I strongly recommend =
_against_ buying one of the Targus brands (and another brand that looks =
very similar...possibly OEMed...) Unless they've changed their design, I =
can almost guarantee that the clear plastic cable connectors will break =
over time. I've seen it on numberous Targus adapters. I'm currently using =
an American Power Conversion (APC) adapter, which is better constructed.

---------------------
Chad Neeper
Senior Systems Engineer
Network Response Group
614-481-9400

--  Full LAN/WAN consulting services specialized in libraries and schools  =
--

>>> Beverly Johnson <johnsobe@oplin.org> 10/24/05 01:36PM >>>
Does anyone have a power brick AC adapter for an IBM Net Vista machine =
that
they may have retired?  It is part #24P6870. =20
=20
Beverly Johnson
Clerk-Treasurer
Huron Public Library