[OPLINTECH] OPLIN Award for Innovation

Don Yarman Don Yarman <yarmando@oplin.org>
Mon, 19 Sep 2005 09:04:43 -0400

We are seeking nominations for the 5th OPLIN Award for Innovation in
Network-Delivered Services. Previous recipients of the award include
CLEVNET Library Consortium for "KnowItNow" and "Digital Library
Connection," NOLA Regional Library System for "ListenOhio," and the
Portage County District Library for  "Library Express" materials delivery.

Nominees must be a project, service, or other library activity that:

1. Serves the public in a direct, immediate, and beneficial way.

2. Builds on traditional library areas of strength but uses the
technology to actually expand service.

3. Overcomes previous constraints, such as location and hours, using
network technology.

4. Demonstrates creativity and courage in seeking new ways to do things
better.

Nominations should describe how the project or service meets the four
criteria, and organizations may nominate themselves. Please send your
nominations to Don Yarman at yarmando@oplin.org or fax to 614-728-5256
by October 14, 2004.

  ***  NOTE:  "FAILURE" DOES NOT DISQUALIFY YOU!  ***

If you tried something really new and cool that just didn't work out the
way you wanted, go ahead and nominate it.  We believe courage should be
rewarded.

Nominations will be judged by members of the OPLIN Technology Advisory
Committee and by staff, and the award will be presented at the OPLIN
Stakeholders Meeting, October 28.