[OPLINTECH] Mozilla Firefox and Public Workstation security

Mary K. Leffler lefflema at oplin.org
Sat Apr 1 11:25:21 EST 2006

Howdy!

I currently use I.E. 6.0 on my public workstations and secure the computers using the Gates Public Access Security tool.  I will probably 'graduate' to the Microsoft Shared Computer toolkit as I upgrade these computers to Windows XP.  However, I have just bought the book "Firefox for Dummies" and I am intrigued with this browser.  For those of you who use Firefox as your browser for your public workstations, what do you use to secure the workstation?  I have been considering Firefox, but am concerned about the ability to lock the workstation as I have been able to with the Gates Public Access Security tool.  I would prefer a low cost - no cost software solution, but all comments and suggestions are sought.

Thanks,
Mary Leffler
Technology Coordinator
Herbert Wescoat Memorial Library
McArthur, Ohio 45651
www.vintoncountypublic.lib.oh.us
740-596-5691

PS-Are you a Jeffery Deaver fan? He, as well as Pulitzer prize-winning author Robert Olen Butler, are offering creative writing workshops and keynote presentations at the Herbert Wescoat Memorial Library Spring Literary Art Festival April 21-23.  Check out our schedule of events!