[OPLINTECH] classroom training consoles

Bill bhudgins at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 18:26:18 EDT 2006

When we use screen monitoring, we use
Screenwatch<http://www.acs-linksystems.com/screenwatch/overview.htm>.
It is the low end of the product line, and doesn't allow screen takeover,
but does allow blanking screens. You didn't ask, but I think the ideal
format of a computer lab is a U-shape, which allows the instructor easily to
see what is on all screens, and to interact with the students with minimal
walking. The setup where every desk faces the front is very difficult to
control and lets the technologically timid hide.  Also, consider putting
your projector in the ceiling. No setup, and no hassle, and minimal risk of
damage, hence longer life expectancy.

Bill Hudgins
Tech Trainer
Lane Public Library

On 4/14/06, Karen Perone <peroneka at oplin.org> wrote:

> We are renovating our library and adding a new computer classroom. We
> would like to use a teacher's console that would allow us to monitor
> what is on the screens of those in the class and to take over the screen
> to demonstrate how to use a program.
>
> If you have such a setup, what software/hardware are you using? How is
> it working in your library? What vendors are you using to purchase it?
>
> Many thanks!
> --
> Karen Perone
> Rodman Public Library