[OPLINTECH] Update on EBSCO access problems

Don Yarman yarmando at oplin.org
Wed Aug 23 08:43:05 EDT 2006

As reported earlier, Ohio public libraries are having issues getting
to EBSCOhost resources directly.  Remote access is working fine.  So
to restore library access to EBSCO, we are treating all in-library
access as if it were remote.  (We don't ask users to authenticate
because we know what library they're in.  We're just routing traffic
through the remote access proxy server).

OPLIN staff will keep working with EBSCO and the state's IT engineers
to determine what the problem is and how to resolve it quickly.  But
meanwhile, access to EBSCO through OPLIN authentication should be
working inside the library.  If it is not, please check the links you
are using.  A list of OPLIN url's for subscription databases is posted
in the "Linking to the OPLIN Website" document in  About OPLIN >
Research Database Information,
http://www.oplin.org/page.php?Id=62-8-326.

      Your most humble and obedient servant,

                                  Don Yarman