[OPLINTECH] hotmail anomaly

Clinton Smith csmith at worthingtonlibraries.org
Thu Feb 23 17:37:07 EST 2006

We run into that periodically, but it's sporadic.  It doesn't happen to
the same people twice in a row, but when it happens, we can't get it to
work on any patron or staff computers for them.  Then, it will suddenly
start working fine either later that day, or the next day.

We've come to the conclusion that Hotmail must have some strange
transient issues that manifest themselves on a user-by-user basis, and
that there's nothing we can do about it.  Not the kind of answer we like
to give to patrons when they're frustrated, but there's little else we
can do.

Clint Smith
Network Administrator
Worthington Libraries