[OPLINTECH] Workstation Printing & Reservation

Steve Miller millerst at oplin.org
Tue Feb 28 10:45:06 EST 2006

All,

Periodically a request gets tossed unto the waves about PAC management, print-cost recovery, or station reservations.

Could I ask for the upshot?

If your library uses a system for one of these, could you post a quick note about what's good, and what's bad/inconvenient about it?

I've looked at vendor sites until my eyes blear - shareware, freeware, portal-integrated-mangement-expensive-solution-thinggummies - and need a practical reality check without glossy marketing: who's worthless, and who's priceless in the area of print management, and session management?

THANKS!!
Steve
Steve Miller, Technology Coordinator
Ashtabula County District Library
335 W. 44th Street, Ashtabula, OH 44004
millerst at oplin.org
(440) 997-9341 x239 / fax (440) 998-1198
Opinions expressed are my own.