[OPLINTECH] Excite.com Question

JKENZIG JKENZIG at cuyahoga.lib.oh.us
Tue May 2 16:00:24 EDT 2006

Excite is associated with Myway, MySearch, MyWebSearch, Iwon, and
MaxOnline. Several of these sites are known adware dispersal sites.  The
excite toolbar itself has been known on the internet to be particularly
tough to remove once you have it.  The Iwon spyware fiasco is well known
throughout the web. These incessant toolbars were littered with adware
and popups for quite some time.  I believe they were bought by askjeeves
a few years back
And jeeves attempted to clean them up a bit. Now it is simply called
ask.com, by nature we block the excite site and its buddies via our
firewall because of the many problems it has created over the years on
our workstations. We do allow only the excite webmail site.

Jim Kenzig
Network Manager
Cuyahoga County Public Library