[OPLINTECH] Office of Information Technology Customer Update - November 17, 2006

Gicale, Greg greg.gicale at ohio.gov
Fri Nov 17 10:38:28 EST 2006

Office of Information Technology Customer Update - November 17, 2006

Scheduled Maintenance:

When: Every Tuesday

Time: 3:00 AM to 6:00 AM

November 21 - OIT engineers are planning to enable fair-queuing and
anti-spoofing on each T1 on BBRHO4.  This will provide better QoS and an
additional level of security.

Customers affected:

LAA-Akron, MH-CuyahogaCtyADAS, MH-RichlandCty, MH-NewPhiladelphia,
MH-Portsmouth, STRS-Westerville, BES-Painesville-JTPA, MH-Medina,
ODOT-Hilltop, MH-FranklinCty, MH-AshlandCty, BES-ColumbusPIC-JTPA,
MH-CuyahogaCty, MH-MontgomeryCtyRec, MH-HamiltonCty, MH-StarkCty,
MH-SummitCty, MH-LucasCtyADAS, AOS-AshtabulaCty, BES-Lebanon1stop,
opl-barberton-0016-003

November 21 - OIT engineers will be upgrading software on inter-agency
VPN routers.  Interruption in connectivity will be experienced for any
agency-agency or agency-OIT communications that traverse the
Inter-agency VPN.  VPN redundancy will reduce the outage to 30 minutes
or less.

December 5 - Continuation of VPN work performed during November 21st's
maintenance.  OIT engineers will be upgrading software on inter-agency
VPN routers.  Interruption in connectivity will be experienced for any
agency-agency or agency-OIT communications that traverse the
Inter-agency VPN.  VPN redundancy will reduce the outage to 30 minutes
or less.

Monthly Firewall Maintenance:

When: Third Tuesday of every Month

Next Scheduled Maintenance: November 21, 2006

Time: 3:00 AM to 6:00 AM.

Auto Attendant added to the Ohio Customer Service & Security Center

The Ohio Customer Service and Security Center (OCSSC) recently installed
tools and processes to allow incoming calls to be monitored for quality
purposes.  During normal business hours customers calling 644-0701 or
1-800-644-0701 will hear a brief automated announcement informing the
caller that their call may be monitored.  Our overall objective is to
increase the quality of service that we are currently providing to our
valued customers.

Customer Suggestions:

Please send your suggestions for improving our network services to:
E-mail: OCSSC at ohio.gov

Ohio Customer Service & Security Center (OCSSC):

Voice: 644-0701 (Columbus Calling Area) or 800-644-0701 (Outside of the
Columbus Calling Area)

E-mail: OCSSC at ohio.gov